Think of us as your in-house creative agency. A team of talented designers, editors, and strategists who also happen to be your colleagues. We know the UO, and we’re ready to help you tell your piece of the University of Oregon story creatively, strategically, and beautifully.
Our designers bring years of experience and a passion for great visual communications to every project, whether a single brochure, an entire suite of marketing materials, or a new advertising campaign. We’ll work closely with you to create designed materials that align with the UO’s visual identity, support our distinctive brand, and achieve your strategic goals. We also provide complimentary review of materials designed by your own team for compliance with brand standards.
Copywriting and Editing
As part of University Communications, we work closely with the UO’s team of writers and editors to ensure all materials are accurate, articulate, and free of errors.
All marketing and communications efforts should begin with clear goals in mind, and a strategy to reach them. We’ll work with you to define your goals, audience, key messages, and creative approach to make your project effective and efficient. We will work with you to help develop a strategic approach for a single piece, or a plan for your entire marketing budget.
Licensing and Branding
Exceptional academics and a legendary reputation in athletics make the University of Oregon one of the most recognized brands in higher education. We support this image by protecting the legal rights and ownership associated with the school’s name, logos, and other identifying symbols; promoting and marketing the university; and licensing university trademarks.
UO Libraries Communications and Marketing supports the library’s mission to enrich the student learning experience, encourage exploration and research, and advance access to scholarly resources. We promote the library’s relationship with the academic community through the development of communications strategy and assets including graphic design, photography, publications, exhibits, audio-video content, and social media outreach. We also facilitate use of the UO Libraries' extensive image and video production, repository, and archival preservation capabilities in campus communications.
Marketing and Brand Communications maintains a growing collection of resources to assist communicators across campus.
- Editorial Standards: Consult our guide for proper grammar, usage, and correct institutional titles and conventions.
- Graphic Style Guide: Guidelines for logo use, color palette, typography, and other brand standards.
- Photography: Browse our collection of thousands of high-quality images that are available to download for campus use (login required).
- Downloads: Download logos, fonts, stationery, PowerPoint templates, forms, and more (login required).
- Examples: Browse a growing portfolio of design work from across campus.
- Licensed Vendors: Do you need branded merchandise? Check this list of suppliers who are licensed to use UO trademarks.