All departments have someone in who is available to assist those in their department with CAS Profile updates.
If you are one of these people, below are a few tips to keep in mind when working on CAS Profiles for other faculty, staff, or students.
Editing Profile Information Tips
- When editing list item fields always use the cmd+click (Mac) or ctrl+click (PC) to select or deselect items to avoid accidentally removing selections of that profile.
- Make sure when editing profile sections that you are selecting their content and not your own. You can tell who's profile section content belongs to what user by the DuckID above the sections:
Creating New Profile Sections
Create a new profile section and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Authored by” link to expand it and type or paste in the DuckID of the user you are creating content for.
Next, change the “Type” to Biography, or whatever content type you need to create, and then the content can be edited the same as any other content.
Removing Profiles From Your Site
All profiles on our Drupal sites are generated dynamically based on the information from the CAS Profiles site. This means that profiles are not modified from the Drupal sites but only on the CAS Profiles side. To remove a profile:
- Find the user you need to delete, either by clicking one of the links in the left-hand menu and finding the person's name from that list, or by typing in their DuckID after the URL like this: https://casprofile.uoregon.edu/DuckID. Once you find the profile on the CAS Profiles site that needs removed, click their user name, and click the Edit link:
- Click the Information link:
- Remove your Department or Programs from the following sections by holding down the Cmd (Mac) or Crtl (PC) + then clicking your Department or Program names from the lists:
- Afiliated Departments
- Programs, Research, and Outreach
- Save that user's profile to remove them from your site.
The removal generally takes less than an hour to display on your site, however, it may take up to 24 hours for the person to be removed from your site or may require you to clear your cache.