ResourceSpace is the university’s curated, central image repository and contains the latest images taken by university departments and their affiliated photographers. It's a place to host the best images from around the university. As such, ResourceSpace should not be used as a departmental archive or backup location to host all images from a photoshoot or event and it is not for images that are over 2 years old from the current date. All of these images should also have unrestricted usage rights for the university or it's affilated publications and should not contain images that are restricted for use only in a single publication.
The images in ResourceSpace are available to communications professionals on campus. If you are a UO communications professional who currently does not have access to ResourceSpace, you can request access by contacting University Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you complete the step-by-step process listed below, Marketing Communications will review, add keywords, and upload your images to ResourceSpace in the order they are received. This process can take up to 30 days, although if there is a critical need for a set of images to be added sooner, exceptions can be made to prioritize or expedite image uploads.
If you have any questions, please contact Marketing Communications at email@example.com.
Step-by-Step Guide to Adding Your Images to ResourceSpace
- Select the best images (approximately 5-25 images per shoot) that present a featured collection of the best images and should not be the entire archive of a photoshoot.
- Verify that all images are recent images and not older than 2 years from the current date.
- Create one folder that has an easily identifiable name, such as "Department X photoshoot on date."
- Put all of the selected images into that folder.
- Rename the images with descriptive names rather than the default camera image filenames. This can be the name of the photoshoot or a similar descriptive name and can use a sequence of numbers for each one, just not a generic camera name.
- Download and complete the ResourceSpace image submission list [MSWord]
- Add the completed ResourceSpace image submission list to your previously created folder of images.
NOTE: You will also have to submit the ResourceSpace image submission list when you submit the ResourceSpace image submission form (Step 6)
- Connect to the MarCom server and choose the “Image Drop” folder. The full address of the folder is: adv-files.uoregon.edu/MarCom/Image Drop
NOTE: If you do not know how to connect to a server, see the UO IT instructions for connecting to file servers and use “adv-files.uoregon.edu/MarCom” for your server information. Most communicators on campus should have access to the server. If you need to request access, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In a few cases an external link, such as a One Drive link, may also work. However, the MarCom server is the preferred method.
- Copy your folder of images and the completed ResourceSpace image submission list into the “Image Drop” folder on the MarCom server.
- Complete the ResourceSpace image submission form. This will alert Marketing Communications to begin processing your images for ResourceSpace.
NOTE: This process can take up to 30 days, although if there is a critical need for a set of images to be added sooner, exceptions can be made to prioritize or expedite image uploads.